News:

We're still new around the net!  Please join up and let's make this place a thriving community!

Main Menu
32 Guests, 0 Users

First Role Playing Game?

Started by Senkusha, Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 05:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

What was  your favorite role playing game?

For me it was a Star Wars game.  I was still in high school and happened to have walked past a group of students gathered around a table in the Senior's cafeteria (it really wasn't a room, just a cutout next to one of the hallways), and they were giggling and talking strangely.  I stood there for a few moments watching when one of them looked up at me.  I introduced myself, they invited me to the table, and I watched.  And laughed with them as their adventure continued.  The next couple of days, they helped build me an X-wing pilot character and I was hooked after that.  The game only lasted a few weeks because it was the end of the school year, but it was the best time I spent during high school.

After I graduated, I was browsing through a comic book store and found several role playing games.  I picked one up that looked interesting (note that I HAVE NOT had a lot of exposure to D&D), called Role Master (RMSS).  Back then in 2000, email mailing lists were still popular, so I joined one to find a gaming group.  After a few weeks, I found one, and every Saturday, all day, we'd play, eat junk food, and then eventually, after I got married, we'd take a time-out to make a healthy dinner, then resume playing for another couple of hours.  Those were the days!

Favored Class:  Magical Girl