Welcome to The Anime Brigade. Please login or sign up.

Login with username, password and session length
47 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 2,973
  • Total Topics: 773
  • Online today: 52
  • Online ever: 382
  • (Tuesday, November 14, 2023, 15:08)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 47
Total: 47

Specific Anime Discussions

Specific Role Playing Systems

Active Role Playing Games

When you grew up...

Started by Senkusha, Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 20:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

We were always asked when we were in school, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

Ever since my eighth grade year, I wanted to be a computer programmer.  I tried for years getting into that first entry level job, going to college (twice), even moving across the country.  Yet, here I am, sitting in this so-called "middle life", as a cashier.

The funny thing is, I'm actually happy where I'm at and what I do.  I get to add a smile to people's faces, and make their day a little bit better (and their complements feel good too...)  Too bad the pay isn't up there too.

Favored Class:  Magical Girl

Senkusha

Make that attempted college three times now.  I got so stressed out with a particular homework assignment I went temporarily blind for like half an hour.  Waaaaaa! :'(

Favored Class:  Magical Girl

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Kokoro on Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 20:11We were always asked when we were in school, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

Ever since my eighth grade year, I wanted to be a computer programmer.  I tried for years getting into that first entry level job, going to college (twice), even moving across the country.  Yet, here I am, sitting in this so-called "middle life", as a cashier.

The funny thing is, I'm actually happy where I'm at and what I do.  I get to add a smile to people's faces, and make their day a little bit better (and their complements feel good too...)  Too bad the pay isn't up there too.
I feel you.. All my life I just wanted to work on computers.  Like since 1st grade.

I went, got my certifications, got a job fixing computers.

However this past year a horrible coworker who got away with everything and piss poor management caused me to lose my passion. I currently work at a retail place mentally recovering.

I hope to one day find another job doing what I like to do, but for now I am focused on my mental health. My current job is really chill though so that is a plus.

ZandraJoi

I had several ideas. When I was young, it was an astronaut & archaelogist. Looking to the future & to the past lol I then wanted to be a Marine Biologist. But life tends to get in the way of our dreams & then REAL life really puts its nose in any plans.