News:

We're still new around the net!  Please join up and let's make this place a thriving community!

Main Menu
49 Guests, 0 Users

What's your favorite platform?

Started by Senkusha, Sunday, May 28, 2023, 13:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

I'm looking to hopefully ditch my 9 to 5 and start my writing career (for a number of reasons), and there are a ton of options (just for writers alone, there's several!).  So, I'm curious, if you create stuff, where do you like to publish your stuff?  What platforms have the best policies in your opinion?  Where have you had the most success getting noticed online?  Where (and if) do you make money doing your thing?

[rant]
For me, I started here, and will continue to stay here. I'll probably do some revamping, maybe modernizing the place a bit.  The goal of this site is to create role playing adventures and fuse role playing with anime characters.  I thought that this idea would be at least some what supported, but, I've operated this site now for nearly three years, and I still have yet to really attract anybody to post anything on a consistent basis.  Part of that is probably my fault though for now being on here and as active as I should be.  I know I can do better.  I will do better!
[/rant]

Other places I've explored are Patreon, where I've dedicated as my original anime story archive.  This is the only place you'll find my Huntress of Shadows story featuring the goddess Artemis.  I've also started my own blog here on this site as well, that features just random anime articles.  Mostly, I'm using the blog feature on this site to play around with and learn WordPress.  Lots of interesting random things will be posted there -- and quite possibly some explosions as I break things. :whistling:  I recently found BuyMeACofffee, where I'm posting all of my short stories featuring original anime characters.  I'm still on FanFiction.net, where I've got a new story The Twists of Time, that was a fun collaboration using my own imagination and ChatGBT.

I've used DeviantArt for years, but I'm not sure if anybody is still on that, besides avatar_Zionia @Zionia  and avatar_L_Divi @L_Divi.  Besides, I don't have much of anything in terms of artwork.  YouTube is another place that I see some possibilities with, but, I'm not into making video content.  That's also why I'm not really posting anything on TikTok either.  Although, I do use both for research and chilling out quite a bit.

I'm also trying to be cautious as I don't want to spread myself too thn and have a bazillion irons in the fire.  As a writer, having some irons in the fire is a good thing.  They help to destroy writers block, but having too many can cause ... distractions at the least, and depression at the worst.  Anyway, I'm curious to see what you all use.

Favored Class:  Magical Girl

Zionia

I haven't been able to do much creating of late, but when I do, most of it goes on SoundCloud for music or furaffinity for art writing and photography. I tend to avoid Deviantart nowadays for a multitude of reasons (sorry I haven't seen your messages sooner).
Now that I found you again, there may be some more crazy rp style shenanigans happening at some point. 
Glad to be a le to see you again and I hope we cam catch up! 
ぃおにあ

"We are not responsible for anything you may do under the influence of fictitious alcoholic beverages"

Senkusha

Welcome back!  I'm looking forward to some awesome activity around here again! ;D

Favored Class:  Magical Girl

ZandraJoi

Since I just have a simple forum, my platform is Proboards. Would love to move out to Xenforo if they ever allow us.
What platforms are best for certain things? i.e. if you like anime, what would be ideal?