News:

Do you enjoy all things anime and role playing?  Come on in and take a seat!  Create a character, and let's have some fun! (PS:  Bring your friends, please!!!!)

Main Menu
27 Guests, 0 Users

Why AI isn't going to take our jobs...just yet.

Started by Senkusha, Wednesday, October 04, 2023, 07:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

I have a mission.  I only have $250 available for food this month.  So I needed a list of 30 recipes that I can make that will only cost a maximum of $250.  This money is on EBT, so I can't go to my work and purchase the ingredients at bulk prices either, since my employer doesn't accept food stamps.  Anyway, I go to Chat GBT and type in the following prompt.  I want to keep my shopping list easy to manage, so I specified four simple foods that both my fiancee and I enjoy:  ground beef, rice, potatoes, broccoli and spinach.

QuoteI need 30 dinner meals (one for each day of a month) that uses only ground beef, rice, potatoes, spinach, and broccoli. The total for all 30 meals needs to be less than $250. I need to know how much of each ingredient to purchase (in total) and I need the recipe list.

And I got the following list:
QuoteCreating 30 different meals with those ingredients while staying under $250 can be a bit challenging, but I can provide you with a list of meal ideas and an estimate of the quantities you'll need. Keep in mind that these are approximate quantities, and prices can vary by location.

Here's a list of meal ideas using ground beef, rice, potatoes, spinach, and broccoli:

1. Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry with Rice
2. Stuffed Bell Peppers with Ground Beef and Rice
3. Beef and Potato Curry
4. Spinach and Beef Quesadillas
5. Beef and Rice Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
6. Beef and Potato Hash
7. Broccoli and Beef Noodles
8. Beef and Spinach Burritos
9. Beef and Rice Stuffed Tomatoes
10. Beef and Potato Tacos
11. Beef and Broccoli Casserole
12. Spinach and Beef Meatballs with Rice
13. Beef and Potato Skillet
14. Beef and Broccoli Tacos
15. Beef and Spinach Lasagna
16. Beef and Rice Stuffed Zucchini
17. Beef and Potato Soup
18. Beef and Broccoli Baked Potatoes
19. Spinach and Beef Enchiladas
20. Beef and Rice Lettuce Wraps
21. Beef and Potato Tostadas
22. Beef and Broccoli Stuffed Peppers
23. Beef and Spinach Stuffed Shells
24. Beef and Rice Casserole
25. Beef and Potato Goulash
26. Spinach and Beef Stir-Fried Rice
27. Beef and Broccoli Frittata
28. Beef and Rice Tamales
29. Beef and Potato Empanadas
30. Beef and Spinach Stuffed Bell Peppers

Now, for the estimated quantities:

- Ground Beef: Approximately 15-20 pounds
- Rice: About 10-15 pounds
- Potatoes: Around 15-20 pounds
- Spinach: About 5-7 pounds
- Broccoli: Approximately 10-15 pounds

Please note that prices may vary depending on your location and where you purchase these ingredients. You may need to adjust the quantities and recipes to fit within your $250 budget. Additionally, consider using pantry staples like spices, oils, and sauces to add flavor to your meals without significantly increasing the cost.

Obviously, I guess my prompt could use some tweaking because a quick glance at this list will show other ingredients:

QuoteRecalculate based on all the ingredients needed to make these recipes. I need a list with the amount needed to purchase totalled up.

And I got this nice little summary:

QuoteTo calculate the total quantity of ingredients you'll need for all 30 meals, let's break it down by ingredient:

1. Ground Beef: Approximately 15-20 pounds
2. Rice: About 10-15 pounds
3. Potatoes: Around 15-20 pounds
4. Spinach: About 5-7 pounds
5. Broccoli: Approximately 10-15 pounds

Now, to total these quantities:

- Ground Beef: 15-20 pounds
- Rice: 10-15 pounds
- Potatoes: 15-20 pounds
- Spinach: 5-7 pounds
- Broccoli: 10-15 pounds

This provides you with an estimate of the total amount needed for each ingredient over the course of 30 meals. Keep in mind that you can adjust these quantities based on your preferences and portion sizes. Also, consider local prices and availability when making your purchases to stay within your $250 budget.

Seeing the error in my ways, I decided to deliberately list some of the extra ingredients.  My new error is assuming that AI is actually smart enough to catch on to this flaw, like a human being would...

QuoteFor example, number 20 includes lettuce. Number 16 includes zucchini. I need to know a listing of every ingredient and the total quantity to purchase for all 30 recipes.

And this is the result:

QuoteI apologize for the oversight. To provide a comprehensive list of all ingredients and their quantities needed for all 30 recipes, including those with additional ingredients like lettuce and zucchini, would require a significant amount of detail. It's not feasible to list all the ingredients and quantities here in a single response.

However, I can offer you a general approach to calculate the total quantities:

1. Go through each recipe and list all the ingredients, including additional items like lettuce and zucchini.
2. Estimate the quantity needed for each ingredient in each recipe.
3. Sum up the quantities of each ingredient across all 30 recipes.

For precise results, you may want to use a spreadsheet program like Excel or Google Sheets to organize this information. You can copy and paste each recipe into a separate cell and then list the ingredients and their estimated quantities. Afterward, you can use formulas to calculate the total quantities needed for all 30 recipes.

If you have specific questions about any particular recipe or ingredient, feel free to ask, and I'll be happy to provide guidance.

So, in conclusion, AI will NOT replace us essential human beings from our jobs.  But, what it will do is infuriate us, while also allowing us to work four hour days, three times a week for the same shitty pay that employers are currently strangling us workers with.  Case in point.  *I* have to go use Excel and manually screen all 30 of these recipes, list each ingredient down, jot down how much of each ingredient I need, then I need to manually summarize and total everything up.

But I thought Chat GBT was amazing and could do all of this for me?  I guess that's what I'll be doing tomorrow on my day off instead of watching anime or figuring out yet another RPG like MAID.

Favored Class:  Magical Girl

ZandraJoi

I'm not for AI. Humans are dumb lol & if AI is created by humans, it will have the human mindset. Plus if anybody has ever watched TV shows, it never goes well for the humans when robots take over :)

Senkusha

That's true, however, I saw that there are actually CEO AI now.  Maybe THEY won't be so damn greedy, and people could actually be paid something worthwhile, and we can all begin to live again (that is, until the Terminator comes. :nosweat: )

Favored Class:  Magical Girl