News:

Are you new here?  Please introduce yourself to the rest of us in the New Members area!

Main Menu
40 Guests, 1 User

Favorite RPG

Started by Senkusha, Friday, May 20, 2022, 06:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

So, as a group dedicated to role playing, I'd like to know what's your favorite role playing game system?

My all-time favorite system has been the Big Eyes Small Mouth system.  I fell in love with its simple mechanics and easily expandable character options back in 2005 (I think).  The three Stats make it really easy to rough together a character, and the flexible Attributes system makes it easy to re-create any anime character!

There is one down side, and I hope that it's being fixed with 4e.  There's not much on Spells.  In 3e, we were given mechanics to create spells using the various attributes, and only a few very generalized spell example types.  What I'd love to see is an expansion book that details some common spells, an expanded explanation on how to create spells, and how to integrate Energy Points into the use of Spells.  That's always been one of my problems with the creation of Spells, is how to use the Energy Points to balance out the game play.

Actually, I'm getting off topic a bit, but there's one thing that bugs with with most RPG's out there and that is that Mages can be very powerful, but are actually quite limited during gameplay.  This is one reason why I don't like D&D.  As a mage, I can only cast spells a limited number of times a day, say a total of like six or seven spells during a day as a newbie.  I understand that the spells are powerful, but, after I have used up all my spells slots, I have to either sit on the background and be protected by everybody else, or I have to develop a secondary set of skills to continue fighting.

Anyway, If you haven't tried out BESM, give it a try!  It's a lot of fun!

Favored Class:  Magical Girl