News:

We are a fun place hosting all sorts of different table top role playing games.  Don't see one that interests you?  Start a topic about your favorite!

Main Menu
41 Guests, 0 Users

More games INCOMING!!!!!

Started by Senkusha, Tuesday, July 19, 2022, 19:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

So, I've been looking around Drive Through RPG while I was searching for some classic anime-esque favorites from Guardians of Order, like Tenchi Myuo RPG, and Card Captor Sakura (unsuccessful, BTW).  But, I did find the following goodies, that I'm eager to try out:

• Sparks of Light -- Sparks is a game about playing magical girls (and sometimes boys), heroes of Light, love and inexplicable wardrobes. This book contains a complete playable setting and GM options to calibrate your level of play from completely family friendly to danger at every turn.

Become a Spark, empowered by Light and Hope and find out how far your heart can carry you.
    Your friends are your strength. Together, you can overcome anything. You'll have to. The Dark won't stop until it has Harvested every last innocent and taken over the world itself. You are the Light that protects the hopes and dreams of everyone's heart.

But don't underestimate the mundane world, it's hard to fight the forces of evil when you're grounded! Better study hard if you want that grade, and make sure to leave time for your friends, because those who take Bonds for granted lose them. Can you conquer the Dark, protect your friends, and still get an A on that math final?

This game is intended to be family friendly, if the players can handle Sailor Moon, they can handle this. If you're looking for a more dangerous experience, use the GM dials to amp things up!
    The system is rules light, using a single d8 for task resolution, the result modified up or down by aspects good and bad which define the character. The player has to choose to spend hope points to make the aspects active, but choose carefully, your hope points are also your defense against the attacks of the Dark!
  • Magical Fury -- It started out as another boring day at work. Then a magical girl showed up, like something straight out of an anime. Except that I haven't seen an anime where the magical girl threatens to kill people. She was throwing lightning bolts around and saying something about the reincarnation of Star Princess Astraia being in the building. It turns out that was me. So now I look like a scrawny teenage girl, and I have magical star powers, and a psychotic magical girl named Shadow Princess Umbra is making my life hell. She blew up my parents' house. And the more of Astraia's memories I uncover, the more I think that Umbra isn't even close to being the worse of it. But I'm going to keep fighting, because giving up isn't an option.

Magical Fury is a dark magical girl RPG, inspired by anime series like Madoka Magica, Sailor Moon, and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. Your characters start out as normal girls who discover that they are reincarnated magical girls. They awaken to their powers under fire, and it will be up to you to decide where she goes with new her life from there.
    The game uses a very simple variant of the Apocalypse World engine, aimed at fast and flavorful play that you can jump into on short notice or play in a more deliberate, long-term style. Battles come down to a handful of rolls, and throughout the emphasis is decidedly on the consequences of the course of action you choose.
  • Schoolgirl RPG -- School is in session!
    You're a perfectly ordinary schoolgirl at Sakuraba High. Well, ordinary apart from being a cyborg. And a catgirl. And insisting on carrying your Pyonkichi-san plush with you everywhere. Your best friend is normal too though. Apart from being a demon with an overactive imagination of course. You were having a pretty typical day at school. You know, a ninja attack during homeroom, then you found a secret treasure, then Freddie Mercury stopped by the school. Normal stuff.
    Schoolgirl RPG is a random comedy RPG about Japanese schoolgirls, based on the rules of Maid: The Role-Playing Game.
  • Maid RPG -- Maid: The Role-Playing Game is a comedic take on a uniquely Japanese cultural icon: The fetishized modern maid. Injecting the concept of Maid with 50ccs of anime and comedy, the players take on the roles of maids, serving the master (played by the GM). Sheets are left unfolded and mantelpieces undusted when giant robots crash through the mansion, ninjas attack and kidnap the young master, and a demonic pit to Hell opens up in the pantry... and all before teatime!

Play in the modern comedy setting, or mix it up with 9 additional settings including Victorian era, old Edo period, fantasy and post-apocalypse; and 6 genres including romance, horror, and action. Due to the rules system and random events that form the backbone of the Maid RPG, the game practically runs itself: Go from opening the book to playing a game with friends within just minutes
  • Mascot-tan -- Mascot-tan is a weird little RPG where the players take on the role of cute girls who are anthropomorphic personifications of things and have cute, weird little adventures. They can be mascots of games, countries, foods, companies, or just about anything else you can think of. It's this weird thing from Japan. Mascot-tan is based on the rules of Maid: The Role-Playing Game, and includes all the rules you need to play, plus an introductory scenario and write-ups of the RPG Idols (the weirdoes pictured on the cover) and the game store where they work for some reason.
  • Retail Magic -- Pastoria is a peaceful and prosperous land, situated in a fantasy world like you people from Earth see in video games and anime. There are dragons and demons and the occasional Dark Lord, but in everyday life there are basically people. In this world magic isn't just something wizards toss around when they're feeling less subtle and more quick to anger; it's a commodity, an important part of the economy. The sale of magical items, ranging from simple agricultural charms to world-shaking artifacts, is an everyday occurrence. There are magic peddlers who wander from village to village in worrisome carts, but every town of any size has at least one magic item shop.

To adventurers a magic shop is a place of routine, a place to trade in treasure and stock up on healing potions. However, there are those to whom a magic shop is a workplace, where every ring of the bell above the door brings a customer looking to buy some trinket or other. This game is about these retail workers. Society tends to look right through them, and they don't have an easy life. This has a lot to do with the history of Pastoria and the nature of the magic trade. The region where Pastoria now stands was home to countless battles fought with ludicrously powerful magic. There are pockets of magical distortions and potentially dangerous artifacts all over the place. Magic items are plentiful, though it takes a certain amount of filtering to find the useful ones. Pastoria also has many more outworlders—visitors from other dimensions—than more distant lands. Society often shuns such people (and other things), but due to the dangers of working in close proximity to a high concentration of magical items, item store owners can't afford to be too picky about who they hire. Thus, the magic retail trade is something of a haven for those who for whatever reason don't quite fit into normal society.Based on the random insanity of Maid: The Role-Playing Game, Retail Magic is an RPG about retail employees in the magic item trade. It blends satire of retail work with ludicrous anime comedy action. Roll the dice, and find out that your half-centaur half-pixie paladin started working at a magic shop because of unrequited love, and that when stressed out she tries to hide in a box. Roll for random events, and see a stray cat come to the store, or a ninja attack, or an invasion of angels!
  • FATE -- Grab your plasma rifles, spell components, and jetpacks! Name your game; Fate Core is the foundation that can make it happen. Fate Core is a flexible system that can support whatever worlds you dream up.
    Have you always wanted to play a post-apocalyptic spaghetti western with tentacle monsters? Swords and sorcery in space? Wish there was a game based on your favorite series of books, film, or television, but it never happened? Fate Core is your answer.

Fate Core is a tabletop roleplaying game about proactive, capable people who lead dramatic lives. Create your characters and develop instant group dynamics with our unique phased char gen system. Use those characters as a springboard to storytelling in our GM worldbuilding chapters.
    For the Fate-familiar, take advantage of the new and improved approaches to character actions, aspects, compels, and more. With Fate Core, your story is up to you. But whatever you choose, you can expect a fun storytelling experience full of twists...of fate.

Please somebody help me PLAY these games!! :)

Favored Class:  Magical Girl

Senkusha

As of this morning, I've officially added each game system that I've purchased.  Based on what I've read so far for each system, I simply can't wait to jump into the MAYHEM and CHAOS that we will encounter!  Quite a bit of what I read was absolutely hilarious! ;D

More systems will be coming soon!

Favored Class:  Magical Girl