News:

We are a fun place hosting all sorts of different table top role playing games.  Don't see one that interests you?  Start a topic about your favorite!

Main Menu
68 Guests, 0 Users

Make up??

Started by Senkusha, Sunday, June 05, 2022, 17:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

Okay, so one thing I don't really get in Sailor Moon, is that when Usagi transforms into Sailor Moon, why does she get nail polish?  Especially when her arm, hand and fingers are completely covered by white gloves that extend to her elbow?

Favored Class:  Magical Girl

ZandraJoi

I never noticed that but maybe because the others had it so it was to keep with the storyline?

⭐ Aang ⭐

Haha good question! There's a whole discussion about that here with some references to the original art book :O
https://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/238/why-do-the-senshi-get-a-manicure-before-they-get-gloves

Senkusha

Ah!  Well, that does certainly scratch the itch.  I also didn't know:

QuoteIn Takeuchi's early concept art for the characters (also shown in the same artbook), neither Sailor Mercury nor Sailor Mars wore gloves2 as part of their sailor soldier uniforms so, in their cases, their manicures would have always been showing (whereas Moon, Jupiter, and Venus were originally gloved). 

Also, this response may answer my concerns:

QuoteGirls wear pretty lingerie nobody will see. It does not matter if their wonderful nail job is hidden behind a glove, they know the nail job is there and they feel good with themselves because of that. 

Thank you!! <3

ZandraJoi

Quote from: ⭐ Aang ⭐ on Tuesday, November 14, 2023, 12:25Haha good question! There's a whole discussion about that here with some references to the original art book :O
https://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/238/why-do-the-senshi-get-a-manicure-before-they-get-gloves
Thank you for that link! I too read through it avatar_Senkusha @Senkusha so it makes sense. :)

Senkusha

It does make a lot of sense, and something I never considered, but know instinctively.