News:

We are a fun place hosting all sorts of different table top role playing games.  Don't see one that interests you?  Start a topic about your favorite!

Main Menu
Welcome to The Anime Brigade. Please login or sign up.

Login with username, password and session length
48 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 2,973
  • Total Topics: 773
  • Online today: 52
  • Online ever: 382
  • (Tuesday, November 14, 2023, 15:08)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 48
Total: 48

Specific Anime Discussions

Specific Role Playing Systems

Active Role Playing Games

We have lost a legend. Toriyama has passed.

Started by TwitchisMental, Friday, March 08, 2024, 01:23

Previous topic - Next topic

TwitchisMental

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/2024/03/08/dragon-ball-akira-toriyama-dies/

Well this is not something I expected this year. 

Dragonball fans and anime fans in general lost a legend. May he r.i.p

Senkusha

While I haven't gotten into the DragonBall domain, I do recognize a great loss to the Anime Industry.  I also know that in my opinion, he died too young in this "modern age".  We shall all treasure the wonderful art, stories, characters and creativity he brought to the World. <3

Favored Class:  Magical Girl

ZandraJoi

I tried watching Dragonball many years ago but couldn't get into it. However, I feel anytime somebody has passed away!

TwitchisMental

On the bright side he has a successor who has been working with him since the Super series started.

So DragonBall will live on :].

ZandraJoi

Quote from: TwitchisMental on Sunday, March 17, 2024, 10:39On the bright side he has a successor who has been working with him since the Super series started.

I wonder if the successor will create a new spin, different take on the characters or continue on with what the original was about?
Anybody have any ideas on this?

TwitchisMental

Quote from: ZandraJoi on Wednesday, March 20, 2024, 11:21
Quote from: TwitchisMental on Sunday, March 17, 2024, 10:39On the bright side he has a successor who has been working with him since the Super series started.

I wonder if the successor will create a new spin, different take on the characters or continue on with what the original was about?
Anybody have any ideas on this?
To my understanding, he already had his hands in super. I am willing to bet they have has many conversations about the future of Dragonball. I'd say all we can really do is wait and see.