News:

We're still new around the net!  Please join up and let's make this place a thriving community!

Main Menu
Welcome to The Anime Brigade. Please login or sign up.

Login with username, password and session length
52 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 2,973
  • Total Topics: 773
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 382
  • (Tuesday, November 14, 2023, 15:08)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 52
Total: 52

Specific Anime Discussions

Specific Role Playing Systems

Active Role Playing Games

Fruits Basket

Started by Senkusha, Thursday, July 14, 2022, 19:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

I recently started watching this anime.  I like it.  But... for me, it's a tear-jerker.  I find that watching the scenes of Tohru with her mom, emotionally overwhelm me.  I hope that I'm able to continue watching this series to the end.

Favored Class:  Magical Girl

Senkusha

Update:

I'm on episode 8 now, still crying at LEAST once during each episode!  The writers of this show did a great job with tugging on the emotional strings of the heart...well, my heart, anyway. :)

Favored Class:  Magical Girl

Ravenfreak

My spouse had me watch Fruits Basket with them, they love the manga and even watched the original anime that came out in the 00's. It's certainly an anime that make you feel the feels. I quite enjoyed it! Kyo is my favorite character, I love cats and I'm a grumpy guy like him. :V

ZandraJoi

When this first came out, I thought they misspelled it with the 's' on Fruit. It stars an orphan girl, Tohru Honda, who meets a family possessed by the animals in the Chinese Zodiac. The curse turns them into the animals when they are stressed or embarrassed. It only ran for one season, 26 episodes. I wish it ran longer as it left some unanswered questions. What did you think of this? I think, for the short run, it was a simple, easy-going show for all ages.
While I haven't read the manga all the way, I have watched the series. I'm always curious of how people who read as well as watch mangas compare with the other one. Do you prefer this series in print or on screen?