News:

Do you enjoy all things anime and role playing?  Come on in and take a seat!  Create a character, and let's have some fun! (PS:  Bring your friends, please!!!!)

Main Menu
16 Guests, 0 Users

We're Baaaaaack!

Started by Senkusha, Thursday, June 06, 2024, 12:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

Hi everybody!

I just wanted to let everybody know that after a short hiatus, the website is back!  Unfortunately, because I had a financial hiccup, I wasn't able to pay for my hosting, however, that's been resolved now.  During this down time, I've been thinking about the direction I want the site to go in, and because there's been such little activity, I've been feeling that change is needed.

I originally created The Anime Brigade as safe space where gamers could gather and play as their favorite anime characters.  I purchased a bunch of role playing game systems to help accommodate this goal, and I attempted to start several games, however, one person can only do so much alone.  I've attempted to reach out to people on Facebook, Discord, Twitter, Reddit, and other social media sites, and I didn't have much luck with that either.  Over the past few months, I've really grown to like game development, and the entire process of digital design.  And because I've had a dream of making my own video game for nearly a decade (probably longer now), I feel it's time for an official expansion/rebranding.

So, over the next few weeks, I'll be creating a new logo.  I'm keeping the domain name animerpgs.com.  It's nice and short and easy to remember.  I'll probably think up of some wacky acronym for the rpgs part, because I don't want to box myself into a corner (as I've done on more than a few occasions in the past).  I know that people grow and change with time, so I'm going to create something that is adaptable.  During this time of transition, I'll be cleaning house.  Dead topics that don't have any interaction will be archived (I don't believe in deletion).  This site will still feature anime and role playing games, but I'm going to be focusing more on the software used to make video games (and perhaps even role playing utility software).  All of the anime episodes and role playing resources however, will probably vanish, mostly because I don't wish to infringe upon any copyrights, and quite frankly, there's better, higher quality stuff already on the internet.

My goal is to create a friendly site where people can come together, collaborate and have fun.  That's really always been the mission of the Anime Brigade.  I feel that during the past few years of servicing this community, I've become distracted with attempting to attract people only interested in free junk, and as I said above, there's better stuff already out on the Internet.  I'm hoping with the rebrand of this site, and if I can produce some quality content, some people may become interested enough to join up, and to help shape this community into something truly amazing.

Please let me know your thoughts below.  I'm eager to see where the future takes us!

TwitchisMental